Contact Us for a Free Consultation 212-842-2480


Question: What if someone sells cannabis illegally in New York?

Posted by David Holland | Apr 25, 2021 | 0 Comments


MRTA, Article 6, Section 132 – Any person or entity operating in the sale of adult use cannabis or cannabis products, or medical cannabis without a proper license or without obtaining it from a licensed vendor is subject to prosecution under Penal Law 222.00 et seq.

About the Author

David Holland

As Executive Director of Empire State NORML and President of the New York City Cannabis Industry Association, David has been a leading advocate in the cannabis space for over 20 years. He has represented clients in marijuana related proceedings everywhere from traffic court to the United States Supreme Court, and he helped obtain clemency for five elderly prisoners servicing life without parole for marijuana. David also handles complex civil and criminal litigation in other areas including employment, First Amendment, and business.


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Contact Us Today

The Law Offices of David Clifford Holland, PC is committed to answering your questions about Cannabis Busniess Start-Up & Advocacy, Cannabis Law, Employment Law, First Amendment Law, Complex Civil Litigation and Criminal Defense in New York, New Jersey, Maryland, and beyond.

We offer a Free Consultation and we'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.

Office Location

Offices in New York City and Sullivan County
By Appointment Only