As a former Assistant District Attorney for King's County in Brooklyn, David knows the power of the government, and how prosecutors and judges think. He also knows how parole and probation officers think, from his time serving in Federal Pre-Trial Services. While there, he maintained a Congressionally mandated drug testing database for defendants awaiting trial in federal court.
As a criminal defense lawyer, David has broad and deep experience in federal and state criminal defense, including serious felonies, distribution and conspiracy cases. A few examples of David's high profile criminal defense practice include:
- Represented co-defendants in months long multi-defendant organized crime trials;
- Represented medical clinics and practitioners in an alleged steroid scandal affecting Major League Baseball;
- Challenged the legitimacy of a federal prosecution based on the Schedule I status of cannabis;
- Overturned on appeal the criminal conviction of a driver who killed a pedestrian in a tragic vehicle accident;
- Obtained Presidential clemency for five elderly prisoners serving life for pot.
David developed his criminal defense reputation as a meticulous, fearless and zealous advocate while training under several of the country's top criminal defense lawyers, including George Santangelo, Esq. and Michael John Kennedy, Esq. They taught David to leave no stone unturned, an approach he utilizes to this day in defense of his clients.