With decades of familiarity and experience in the cannabis space, David has worked with some of the best and the brightest in the industry and they serve with him as industry consultants for start-ups and established businesses.
David spent more than 10 years as Counsel to High Times magazine and worked daily with the business concerns of 30 plus employees and staff, as well as working side by side with the Corporate Officers and Officials addressing not only contracts, intellectual property, and HR issues, but also the unique issues that only the world's leading cannabis brand faced including grand jury subpoenas, investigations, and First Amendment issues.
His current cannabis advocacy and cannabis consulting work includes:
- Executive and Legal Director of Empire State NORML
- Co-Founder and President of the New York City Cannabis Industry Association (NYCCIA.org)
- Vice President of the Hudson Valley Cannabis Industry Association (HVCIA.org)
- Legal Advisor to Last Prisoner Project
David knows how to help clients set goals for a company, and how to chart the path to get there. And his deep experience with High Times magazine also taught him about the importance of having a big toolbox of strategies for building and protecting a preeminent brand. Very few people in the United States have the industry experience David has, which is why he comes in such high recommendation for businesses in need of cannabis consulting services.
Outside of the cannabis industry, David offers the following services for entrepreneurs, investors, business owners, and individuals:
- Business consulting
- Contract drafting and negotiation
- Representation before professional licensing boards
- Legal compliance review
- General counsel role supervising outside vendors
- Human Resources concerns
- Employment-based legal claims and issues
- Complex Civil and Criminal litigation at state and federal trial and appellate levels
- Commercial and residential lease negotiations
- First Amendment analysis and defense
- Large scale Marijuana event planning (permits, negotiations with police)